Tibet - 旅游路线
What is tibet permit?
Tibet permit is an official document issued for the protection of Tibetan tradition,
Tibetan cultural heritage, and environment due to shortage of road condition and reception capacity.
It is not a Visa, but of similar function..
Who Needs Tibet Permit?
It is issued to foreign travelers (Except the diplomats,journalists, government officials, Taiwanese, and overseas)
whoever travel in Tibet. There are 3 kinds of permits, Tibet Entry Permit (TTB permit), Tibet Travel Permit (PSB permit)
and Military Permit. You will require getting different permits when you go to different areas.
You just need TTB if you only stay in Lhasa, but you will need the PSB travel permit if you will go further to Shigatse, EBC, Nyingchi, etc.
How to get Tibet permit?
foreigners must find any agency or hostel to join a package tour.It is impossible to get the permit if you are not in the group.
If you do not book any tour itinerary we are not able to arrange permit for you.
Don't believe any travel agency can provide "permit-only" service, the permits can only be arranged with tour itinerary booked.
For applying for the permit, we need the photos of your passport photo page and Chinese visa page.(ID card photo also need for students)
Usually if you take a train to lhasa, it takes around 3 working days to get your permit coz the copy is ok for train,
but if you take airplane to lhasa, you need 5 working days to wait for the original permit which will post from lhasa to our hostel(or your place)
If I stay in other cities in China,not Chengdu,how can I get the permit?
If you decide to join our group,just email us the photos of the materials,Then transfer some deposit to us,
after your permit is ready,we will email you the copy Or deliver it to you the original one if you take airplane.
What the package tour include and exclude?
Include:permit,tour guide,airport/train pick up in Lhasa,land-cruiser.
Exclude:transport get to lhasa and leave lhasa,accommodations,meals,entrances.taxi fee inside lhasa(group size<3)
Before applying for the permit, you’d better consider about your itinerary ,arriving time, and how many days you gonna stay there.
Coz those information are needed to apply for your permit.
Accomodations in Lhasa?
and for the accommodations in Lhasa,you have two options,first:our tour guide will give you some hotels according to your demands.
second:you can book hostel or hotel by yourself before you go to Lhasa.
here are two hostels which i think is ok for foreigners:
1:http://www.yhachina.com/ls.php?id=184 (Lhasa International Youth Hostel)
2:http://www.sonamyh.com/(Lhasa Sonam Youth Hostel)
the first one is cheaper and located in the downtown, many backpackers stay there.
the second one is a little bit far from downtown(but lhasa is very small), more beautiful and
quite, and more expensive.
you can check their rooms and prices on the website or email them to book.you
can directly book the room by yourself, or we book it for you when you arrive..
Transport from Chengdu to Lhasa?
Train:departure time: 21:00 arriving time: 17:00 duration: 44hours
price for hard sleeper(6beds in one room,two tops,two middles,two bottoms) is around 700CNY/ticekt
soft sleeper(four beds in one room,two tops and two bottoms) 1100CNY/ticket.
Air ticket from Chengdu to Lhasa, you can check the price on this
website coz it changes everyday: http://english.ctrip.com/
1. After receiving your permit, travel agency can now buy you the air ticket, and you can pass the check-in with airport official.
2. If you do not book any tour itinerary we are not able to arrange permit for you. Don't believe any travel agency can provide "permit-only" service, the permits can only be arranged with tour itinerary booked.
3. Only the guide can hold the permit after you arriving in Tibet. Your guide need your entry permit to arrange alien travel permit consequently. You are not allowed to carry with any of it or travel to anywhere without guide except in Lhasa. Fail to comply can result in heavy monetary penality and political inspection.
4. If you are coming to Lhasa from Kathmandu, you'd must get China visa from Kathmandu. It doesn't matter even if you've got the visa in your country or not, you must get a visa in Kathmandu again, this is regulated in an official memo between China and Nepal.
5. If Tibet authority refused to issue your Tibet entry permit, we are not responsible for it.